If you are looking for information on a Webster County, Missouri arrest warrant against a person you know, try the sheriff’s office. This department plays multiple roles when it comes to the issue of active warrants. For one, the cops have to mandatorily request a formal detention order from the judiciary before the court considers the plea.
The formal procedure for the issue of arrest warrants in Webster County entails submitting a writ in court. This affidavit works as an informational petition, which provides the sitting magistrate details on which the warrant can be granted. The judge has the legal obligation to ensure probable cause against the alleged offender before ordering his detention.
After the issue, a copy of the warrant and the affidavit is retained by the magistrate’s office while the original is handed over to the police. The sheriff’s office, on its part, keeps the order as an active warrant for a few days after its issue and subsequently puts it into the outstanding warrants category.
Information about it is also sent to the Federal Bureau of investigation, and from here, it finds its way into the search results of any officer looking through the FBI central crime database. However, as a civilian who wants to get a Webster County warrant search done, you will have to approach the county law enforcement or judicial offices. These can be found at:
- The office of the sheriff: 101 S Crittenden, Marshfield, Missouri 65706
- The court of the magistrate: As above
- The department of the county clerk: Courthouse Room 16, Marshfield, Missouri 65706
If you need information on Webster County recent arrest and warrants, whom should you call? (In 2021)
- For information on arrest warrants, call the Sheriff’s Office at 417-859-2247
- For information on recent arrests, dial the phone number of Webster County Jail – 417-859-2247 – press 2.
- For details about a criminal investigations, call 417-943-0816.
- For general inquiries, get in touch with the law enforcement office at 417-859-3911
- For victim’s services and information on order of protection, contact the District Attorney’s Office at 417-859-0214.
- For looking up judicial records, call the Clerk of Court at 417-859-2006.
Crime Statistics of Webster County
Webster County Police investigated 178 cases of property crimes and 9 occurrences of violent crimes in 2019. The annual crime average was 187 incidents, which pointed to a rise 2% over the crime rates of 2018.
The 9 complaints against violent criminal instances were all filed in connection with assault matters. Among the 178 property crime reports filed, there were 61 burglaries, 97 larceny-theft reports, and 20 motor vehicle theft complaints.
An estimated 550 crimes occur in Webster County, MO, every year. However, only 10% of these are violent in nature. Although these figures do not portray a grim crime scenario, there has been a rise of almost 50% in the rate of reported criminal complaints and growth of nearly 20% in the rate of violent incidents.