The best way to launch an arrest warrant search in Clark County, MO, is to drive down to the local police station and request them to find details on all criminal matters that your subject was involved in. Although the police precinct in your area will entertain such inquiries, they eventually forward these to the office of the sheriff, and the central agency is the one that will get you the results of your search.
So, instead of running from pillar to post or even waiting for the background report to get to the local law enforcement office, it would make sense to drive down to the sheriff’s department in person. The agency has a public services/records division dedicated to furnishing information on arrest records from Clark County and active warrants to civilian applicants.
You can also send this information through the mail. However, you will have to connect with the sheriff’s office and ask them about the exact procedure for this. The other two departments that can be approached for such inquiries are the county clerk’s office and the magistrate’s court.
Of these two, the clerk does not get directly involved in the process of issuing Clark arrest warrants. However, the agency does keep information on all legal litigations. So, their database of court dockets contains data from the civil and criminal tribunals. To get your hands on details about arrests and outstanding warrants, you can get in touch with:
- Law enforcement: 518 N Lincoln St, Suite 1, Kahoka, Missouri 63445
- Judiciary: 111 E Court St, Kahoka, MO 63445
- County clerk: 111 East Court Street, Suite 2, Kahoka, Missouri 6344
How do you connect with law enforcement agencies over the phone for a Clark County warrants search and arrests-data? (Checked in 2021)
- If you want to do a warrant search, contact the Associate Court Clerk at 660-727-3628.
- If you want to know about arrests, use the phone number of the Sheriff’s Office- 660-727-2911.
- If you need information about victim’s rights and assistance, call the Clark County Attorney’s Office at 660-727-2616.
- If you want to know when a criminal case will be heard and how to obtain criminal court records, contact the Clerk of Court at 660-727-3292.
Crime statistics of Clark County
The Clark County Sheriff’s Office handled 73 criminal complaints in 2018, which were filed against 67 property offenses and 6 violent offenses. The reported crimes included: 38 larceny thefts, 23 burglaries, 6 auto thefts, 4 aggravated assaults, 1 rape, and 1 robbery.
Older crime statistics
Clark County, Missouri residents, take approximately 90 criminal complaints to the local police every year. Of these incidents, only about 11% are violent, while the majority of the others are theft-related. In fact, of the 600 criminal cases registered from 2002 to 2008, almost 50% were against theft incidents. Fortunately, there was a drop of almost 30% in the reported criminal activity through this period.