Arrest warrants from Cape Girardeau County, Missouri, are issued as an order to the local law enforcement agencies to present an accused before the tribunal so that he/she can be made to stand trial for his offenses. Terms that are frequently used when referring to such arrest orders and their meanings are given below; this will help you understand the warrant search results.
- Outstanding warrants: This is an order held back in the system because the police were unable to serve it or have had to prioritize other, more serious cases. These orders are kept in the police database for an indefinite period. So, it would be safe to suggest that outstanding warrants will be held by the sheriff’s office till such time that the accused is arrested.
- Active warrants: This is a term that is used to refer to a freshly issued detention decree. So, all arrest orders that are newly issued to the police are known as active warrants.
The police and the office of the county clerk, and the magistrate’s court, furnish information on arrest warrants from Cape Girardeau County. Such an inquiry will bring back detailed arrest records against the subject and information on all detention orders in the name of this person, including bench warrants. To initiate the search for arrest warrants, you will have to go to:
- The sheriff’s department: 216 N Missouri St, Jackson, Missouri 63755
- The magistrate’s court: 44 N Lorimier St, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
- The county clerk’s office: PO Box 248, Jackson, Missouri 63755
To find information on the sex offenders residing in the area and the most wanted list for the county, go to the sheriff’s official website http://www.capecountysheriff.org/index.php.
Will state agencies provide an arrest report or details about warrants from Cape Girardeau County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- To find out about recent arrests, contact the Jail Division at (573) 243-3551, Option 1.
- To learn more about obtaining access criminal court records, contact the Clerk’s Office at (573) 243-1755.
- To ask about victim-witness assistance, contact the Victim’s Coordinator at (573) 243-2430.
Crime statistics of Cape Girardeau County
The Cape Girardeau Sheriff’s Office got 278 criminal complaints in 2018. These comprised 248 property-related offenses and 30 violent offences.
About 139 larceny thefts, 83 burglaries, and 26 motor vehicle thefts were included in the property offenses category. Around 23 aggravated assaults, 2 rapes, and 3 robberies were included in the violent crimes category.
Cape Girardeau County, MO, sees the filing of no less than 3000 criminal complaints every year. This puts the decade long crime average at almost 30,000 incidents, of which an estimated 2000 were violent in nature. In terms of percentage, this comes to just about 7% of the annual crime average. The remaining incident numbers can be attributed to instances of theft, robbery, and the likes.