A Cole County, Missouri active warrant is issued after the local criminal court has had a chance to go through the evidence collected by the police and has determined that the proof is enough to hold the accused responsible for the said act. The sheriff’s deputies cannot just walk into the court demanding arrest warrants.
To ensure that the judiciary considers the appeal for the arrest order, the police present all case-related facts before the court in an affidavit form. In matters where the circumstantial and other evidence is not enough to establish culpability, the witnesses and/or victim is brought before the magistrate to depose under oath.
All of this is done to ensure that an innocent person is not made to stand trial for the indiscretions of another. With the issue of an active warrant, the judiciary is basically stating that it concurs with the investigative report of the cops and that there is enough evidence to charge the suspect of the crime.
To find information on all outstanding warrants held by Cole County police, you will have to initiate a formal warrant search. This can not only be done through the police but also judicial agencies. To get in touch with these state entities, you will have to visit their office in person seeking arrest records and warrants related data.
- The office of the sheriff: 301 E High St, Jefferson City, Missouri 65101
- The court of the magistrate: 301 E High St, Jefferson City, MO 65101
- The department of the county clerk: PO Box 353, Jefferson City, Missouri 65102
Can you get information on recent arrests and active warrants from Cole County over the phone? (2021-data)
- Contact the police department for information about incident and accidents and an arrest report-573-634-9160
- Dial the phone number of the Cole County Jail for information on recent arrests and inmate arrest records-573-635-7070.
- Know about bench warrants and civil processes by contacting the Civil Process Division-573-634-9163.
- Find out about victim-witness assistance programs by calling the Office of the District Attorney- 573-634-9180.
- Learn about criminal case court dates and judicial records by calling the Clerk of Court- 573-634-9150.
Crime statistics of Cole County
Around 34 of the 415 criminal complaints filed in Cole County in 2019 were against violent people. These involved 32 cases of physical assault and 1 case of robbery. The annual crime average included about 381 complaints of property crimes. Among these were 286 cases of larceny theft, 62 of burglary and 33 of car theft.
With a little over 1800 incidents of crime occurring in Cole County, MO, every year, the area is among the geographical divisions of the state with the lowest annual crime average. The figures for violent crime look equally positive at just 260 case reports filed every year.
The improving crime scenario can squarely be attributed to the local police’s firm hold on the law and order situation. Through the ten years from 1999 onwards, there has been a decrease of over 170% in the rate of violent crime and a reduction of nearly 200% in the number of reported crimes.