The office of the county clerk is a good place to start an arrest warrant search in Osage County, MO. Many people would refute this statement by saying that the department of the clerk of court has no role to play in the issue of active warrants. While this claim is bang on, people who dismiss the agency as a viable source of crime history information forget that the county clerk has been entrusted the job of keeping court records.
In fact, this is the only agency that has access to the court dockets database; actually, the county clerk’s deputies are responsible for collecting data for this repository, assimilating this information, and storing it under the right headings. It should also be mentioned here that representatives of the county clerk are present at all tribunal sessions without exception.
Whether the matter is criminal or civil in nature, this office is bound to have all information about it. Actually, when you approach this agency for your inquiry on arrest warrants from Osage County, you can also simultaneously initiate a civil case search. So, the results of your inquiry will not just get you details on arrest records and outstanding warrants but also civil court verdicts and more.
Apart from the extensiveness of the data, another advantage of approaching this office is that they let the applicants look for records of arrests and warrant issues. Yes, you can use the public service terminals at the justice center to find out about the active warrants against your subject and the detentions that occurred under these provisions. To approach the county clerk’s office or that of other justice agencies, you can go to:
- The Police: 106 E Main St, PO Box 619, Linn, Missouri 65051
- The court: 205 E. Main Street, Linn, MO 65051
- The clerk of court: PO Box 825, Linn, Missouri 65051
What are your options for finding details on warrants and recent arrests from Osage County over the phone? (2021-current)
- Contact the Sheriff’s Department at (573) 897-3927 if you want to access arrest records.
- Call the Osage County Jail at (573) 897-5750 if you’re looking for information on recent arrests.
- Contact Linn PD at (573) 897-4234 if you want information regarding arrests and warrants linked to a criminal case that they have handled.
- Contact the Clerk of Court’s office at (573) 897-3114 if you are keen on accessing criminal case records.
- Contact the Associate Circuit Clerk at (573) 897-2136, if you are interested in a warrants search.
- Contact the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office at 573-897-3101 if you need information on victim support.
Crime statistics of Osage County
In 2018, the Osage County Sheriff’s Department dealt with 70 criminal complaints. These included 68 non-violent crimes and 2 violent crimes.
The non-violent crimes category included 38 larceny thefts, 19 burglaries, and 11 motor vehicle thefts. The reported violent offenses were both aggravated assaults.
Older crime statistics
Violent crime rates increased by almost 90% for Osage County, Missouri, from 2002 through 2008. At the same time, reported criminal activity showed an increase of nearly 80%. This uptrend has undoubtedly created a significant difference in the annual incident count, which went from 40 cases to well over 180 instances.