While not particularly worrisome, the crime figures of Buchanan County do prove the need for a warrant search in the area when forging new associations on the personal or professional front. Fortunately, a few bucks and some time is all it takes to get the arrest records of a person along with details on all arrest warrants to his name.
To seek such data, you will have to approach the county clerk of Buchanan or the local sheriff’s office. Another judicial entity that also entertains requests for information on outstanding warrants and other crime-related details is the magistrate’s office. The representative of the sitting judge will be able to find details on every legal instrument that was ever issued against the subject of your inquiry.
Whether it is something as serious as an active warrant in the name of this person or a bench warrant issued in a traffic offense, or even a search order or subpoena, you will find the low down on all of these from the magistrate’s court. If you would like a more extensive search that includes the outstanding warrants database of Buchanan County police and the civil records maintained by state departments, you should get in touch with the clerk of court.
In contrast, the sheriff’s office will prove to be the ultimate source of information on criminal matters. This includes data on arrest warrants and a list of the most wanted for Buchanan and other crime-related facts about the area. A most wanted list for the county has been provided on http://www.co.buchanan.mo.us/DocumentCenter/View/405/Top-Ten, and to contact these agencies for a warrant search, you can go to:
- The sheriff’s: 501 Faraon, St Joseph, Missouri 64501
- The magistrate’s: 411 Jules St, St Joseph, MO 64501
- The county clerk’s: 411 Jules, Room 103, St. Joseph, Missouri 64106
How do you inquire about active warrants and recent arrests from Buchanan County over the phone? (2021-current)
- To find out about recent arrests, dial the phone number of the Buchanan County Corrections Office- 816-236-8800.
- To schedule an inmate visit, call 816-236-8888.
- To get in touch with a detective who is handling your case (victims only), call 816-236-8845.
- To report a person who has an outstanding warrant against him/her, call Support Services at 816-236-8806.
- To learn the procedure for a judicial records check, call the Circuit Clerk at 816-271-1462.
- To contact Victim/Witness Services, call the DA’s Office at 816-271-1480.
Crime statistics of Buchanan County
In 2019, the Buchanan Sheriff’s Office received 254 criminal complaints, compared to 270 in 2018. There were 213 property offenses and 41 violent crimes among them.
Property offenses included 113 larceny thefts, 38 burglaries, and 62 motor vehicle thefts. In the category of violent crimes, there were 22 aggravated assaults, 17 rapes, and 2 robberies.
Between 1999 and 2008, an estimated 40,000 criminal complaints were lodged in Buchanan County, MO. This cumulative figure included almost 2000 cases of violent crime and approximately 38,000 incidents of theft, robbery, and other property crime-related matters. On average, almost 4000 crimes are reported annually, while the daily average of illicit acts stands at nearly 12 incidents.