When you want to conduct a warrant search in Jackson County, Missouri, it would certainly help to know about the government and private establishments that undertake such inquiries on behalf of civilians. People who are interested in using the services of the state department have three choices. They can approach:
- The office of the magistrate at: 415 East 12th Street, Kansas City, Missouri 64106
- The sheriff’s department at: 3310 NE Rennau Drive, Lee’s Summit, Missouri 64064
- The county clerk’s office at: 415 E 12 St, Kansas City, MO 64106
Apart from this, you can also find arrest records and information related to active warrants online. Depending on the status of the accused against whom the detention order was issued, there are two options to choose from:
A third party website for Jackson County arrest warrants related data: The form on top of this webpage can be used to gain access to a privately maintained database of warrant release data and arrest records. A small charge will have to be incurred to use the service, but you will not be paying on a per search basis like most government offices. The information presented is as reliable as that procured from any state source.
The Department of Corrections: The Missouri DOC will also offer information on arrest records and warrants; however, this will only be done for cases that have reached their logical conclusion. In simple words, while you can find out about inmate serving time in the state prison system through the tool, information on current outstanding warrants cannot be sought through this agency.
How do you get information about Jackson County warrants and arrests over the phone? (Updated in 2021)
- To find information about recent arrests, contact the Jackson County Detention Center at 816-881-4200.
- To access details on active warrants, get in touch with the Sheriff’s Office at 816-541-8017.
- To get access to prisoner records, call Corrections at 816-881-4200.
- To know more about inmate visitation, call 816-881-4236.
- To check on the progress of a criminal investigation, connect with the law enforcement office at 816-541-8017, ext. 72239.
- To request victim-witness assistance, contact the Victim’s Advocate at 816-881-4694.
- To learn more about obtaining criminal court records, reach out to the Clerk of Court at 816-881-4350 (Kansas City) and 816-881-4500 (Independence)
Crime statistics of Jackson County
The Jackson Sheriff’s Department received 529 criminal complaints in 2019. There were 484 property offenses and 45 crimes against people among them.
Around 278 larceny thefts, 152 burglaries, and 54 motor vehicle thefts were among the property offenses recorded. Nearly 33 aggravated assaults, 5 rapes, and 7 robberies were among the reported violent offences.
The police of Jackson County, MO, receive approximately 45,000 complaints against various criminal acts every year. Of these reported incidents, only about 5200 are of a violent nature, while the remaining are associated with property theft and vandalism. On average, over 125 criminal cases are filed in the area every day. In half of these occurrences, the victims were only a mile away from their home or office when they were targeted.