While most sheriffs’ offices in the state prefer to offer crime history information only when the request is placed in person, you can find details on Crawford County, Missouri arrest warrants through the local law enforcement agency’s website. However, this should not be confused with a regular warrant search.
The police’s official site offers information on all recent arrests at http://crawfordcountymo.net/index_files/Page909.htm and a list of the area’s most wanted at http://crawfordcountymo.net/index_files/Page909.htm. However, if your inquiry pertains to a person of your acquaintance and you want to know if there is an active warrant in Crawford County against this individual, you will have to drive down to the sheriff’s office.
Alternatively, you could also head to the magistrate’s court for Crawford arrest records and warrants. This is the judge who hears cases in the general sessions tribunal or a justice of a trial-level court. The judiciary issues all warrants, including those meant for detention, search, and bench warrants issued in case of ‘court no shows.’ So, you can get information on all these from the magistrate’s office.
The county clerk’s department will also be able to undertake an outstanding warrants inquiry for you. To visit these agencies, use the contact details given below. It would be futile to connect with an agency representative over the phone because crime history requests are only entertained when the applicants show up in person.
- Law enforcement agency: 212 S Third Street, PO Box BE, Steelville, Missouri 65565
- The county magistrate: 302 Main St, Steelville, MO 65565
- The clerk of court: PO Box 236, Steelville, Missouri 65565
How do you inquire about active warrants and recent arrests from Crawford County over the phone? (2021-current)
- If you are interested in learning about recent arrests, contact the Sheriff’s Office at (573) 775-2125.
- If you want to learn about active warrants, call the Criminal Annex of the Crawford county Courthouse at (573) 775-2149.
- If you want more information about obtaining criminal court records, connect with the Clerk’s Office at (573) 775-2866.
- If you need to inquire about victim-witness assistance, get in touch with the DA’s Office at (573) 775-5010.
Crime statistics of Crawford County
Around 227 cases of property crimes and 13 cases of violent crimes were investigated by Crawford County Police in 2018. Nearly 2 cases of rape and 11 cases of serious assault were among the violent crime cases. There were 88 burglaries, 110 larceny-theft reports, and 29 motor vehicle theft complaints among the property crime incidents.
Of the nearly 700 criminal reports received by the Crawford County, MO sheriff’s office, nearly 84 complaints are lodged in cases about violence. This is understandable given the 80% plus increase in the rates of this crime category and the near doubling of overall criminal incidents.