A person may not always be aware that the police have sought a judicial order for his detention. This is one of the primary reasons why doing an arrest warrant search in Dallas County, MO, is always a good idea. However, your noble intentions may not always be rewarded with a pat on the back. In fact, you might very well get hauled to jail.
It all depends on your criminal history, and if there are any arrest records and outstanding warrants from Dallas County in your past that may portray you in a negative light. Remember, there is no love lost between cops and people who try to give them the slip despite having a warrant to their name.
As far as a police officer is concerned, an outstanding warrant in your name means that you have been giving his brethren a lot of trouble. So, it would not be advisable to walk into a police station and ask about any arrest warrants in your name if you know that you were involved in a criminal act at some point in your life.
A better and safer option would be to look for information on active warrants and arrest records from Dallas County online. These can be found by filling the form on top of this page. If the inquiry pertains to another person, you can contact any one of the three state agencies listed below for information on arrests and detention orders:
- Law enforcement: 204 S Poplar, Buffalo, Missouri 65622
- Judiciary: 102 S. Cedar, Buffalo, MO 65622
- County clerk: PO Box 406, Buffalo, Missouri 65622
Will state agencies provide an arrest report or details about warrants from Dallas County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- For details about arrests and inmates, contact the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office and Jail at 417-345-2441.
- For details pertaining to active warrants, call the Associate Circuit Clerk at 417-345-2632.
- For seeking victim’s assistance, call the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office at 417-345-6822.
- For judicial records inquiries and a warrants search, call the Clerk of Court at 417-345-2243.
Crime statistics of Dallas County
The criminal complaints handled by Dallas County Sheriff’s Department decreased by 40% in 2019 as compared to the prior year. In contrast, to the annual average of 47 events in 2018, around 28 cases were reported in 2019. Over 20 of these complaints were for property offenses, while only 5 were for violent crimes.
Older crime statistics
The crime average for Dallas County, Missouri, stands at 330 incidents per annum, and about 11% of these cases are lodged against violent criminal acts. In the years after 2001, there was a distinctive growth in these numbers, with violent crime showing an increase of 40%.